Lonely Sculptures

Lonely Sculptures
San Diego Museum of Art Sculpture Garden cafe, San Diego, CA
November, 2010
This shot was taken by setting my tripod up very close to the ornamental gates in the last shot, and shooting through one of the gaps.  I played with exposure and aperture quite a bit for this shot, trying to retain enough detail in the wall sculpture and the intricate ball in the lower middle.  I'm very happy with the results.

These sculptures are in the middle of the cafe courtyard in the sculpture garden.  This shot would only be  possible at night, I think.  Not just because of the lighting, but because the cafe would be full of happily dining visitors at any time during the day.  Without the patrons, these sculptures felt lonely and unappreciated.  Except by me, I suppose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images Copyright William Scarvie, 2010 Light, Form, Action
Design based on MyShowcase theme, by BloggerThemes