Bamboo Understory

Bamboo Understory
Balboa Park, San Diego, CA
November, 2010
I find bright sunlight very challenging to shoot in.  Who doesn't, right?  When the sun is out, I look for areas of shade, or shadow patterns.

The rhythm of the stalks in this short stand of bamboo interest me.  I don't think I got the best shot possible here, however.  The leaves are large and distracting, and the stalks on the left are bunched in an overlapping line.  I'm going to go back and try again.

I do like the use of monochrome here, to focus the attention on the pattern of stalks.  I may go back and try some filters, to bring out the variation in the greens of the leaves and stalks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images Copyright William Scarvie, 2010 Light, Form, Action
Design based on MyShowcase theme, by BloggerThemes